Finally we are moving in the right direction. Monday the plumbers turned up to do all the external plumbing. We also got them to put in some additional drainage around the side and back of the slab to help deal with any runoff from being on a slope.
Wednesday the lower floor frames arrived as promised, with carpenters due on site the next day. I went past on Thursday expecting to see some action but it was a ghost town. Lucky they turned up on Friday and got the lower floor sorted.
It was good to be able to actually walk through the rooms and get a better idea of the size instead of just imagining!